It is cold here and there is nothing better than a good batch of soup! I was in the mood to make my White chicken chili recipe, but I didn’t have any green salsa on hand, so I created a new soup. I am calling it White Chicken Taco Chili. It was delicious!
The entire family devoured it so I am calling this a winner! The Best part – you just toss everything in your crockpot! You really can’t get any easier than this can you?
This White Chicken Taco Chili recipe will go perfectly with some quesadillas or some tortilla chips if you want to jazz it up a notch for company. Either way you have a winner. If you don’t have kids who like beans, then this is perfect for them. Since the beans are the same color as the chicken, they will hardly notice.
Have a famly that doesn’t like tomatoes? Instead of the can of rotel, use a cup of salsa instead. You will still get the same delicious flavor without the diced tomatoes peaking through.
Be sure to check out all of our delicious Crock Pot Recipes here.
- 2 - 3 Chicken breasts (Frozen)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 Tablespoon of taco seasoning (I used homemade)
- ½ onion chopped
- 2 cans of white beans (Mine were from the freezer and they were still frozen)
- 2 -3 cans of water (you could use chicken broth if you want)
- Sour cream
- Tortilla chips
- Combine all the ingredients (except for the toppings) into the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours (or high 3- 4).
- Once cooked, remove chicken and shred.
- Stir chicken back in the crockpot.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
Let me know if you love it and what changes to make to the soup. I’d love to hear!
Find more warm and yummy soups here.