I have a small love for sweet potatoes, but not like you probably think. I HATE sweet potatoes on Thanksgiving. Crazy, I know. I don’t understand why people think you should put marshmallows on sweet potatoes. Just because they have the word sweet in their name doesn’t make them a dessert. Marshmallows are meant for chocolate or to make Rice Krispie Treats.
I have a different love of Sweet potatoes. I like them savory – I love them salty. If my family didn’t complain, we would eat them every night. They are good for and if you good them just right… they are fabulous!
My favorite way to cook sweet potatoes is to pan fry them. You don’t have to use much oil, but when you mix them with regular potatoes, you get a party in that pan. If your family isn’t a fan of sweet potatoes, then you should really try this recipe… you just might change their mind.
- 2 Sweet potatoes - peeled and diced
- 2 regular russet poatoes - peeled and diced
- 1/2 online chopped (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- a little bit of oil - about a table spoon
- In a large skillet (with a lid), drizzle in the oil. I normally use vegetable oil. You don't need much.
- Heat the pan over medium-high heat.
- Add in the diced potatoes and stir.
- Reduce heat to medium heat and cover with the lid.
- Allow it to cook about 10 minutes (stirring frequently).
- Then add in the onions. Return the lid and cook another 10 minutes.
- You want them to get nice and brown.