Do you need an easy weeknight dinner or a delicious dinner to feed a crowd? Try my Crockpot Root Beer Chicken Sandwich recipe. This is a fun twist to your normal chicken sandwich that your kids are going to love.
Once you tell them you cooked with Root Beer the entire family will gobble this one up!
The Ingredients are simple, but the taste is amazing!
If you can toss a few ingredients in a crockpot then you can make this dinner.
Crock Pot Root Beer Chicken Sandwich Recipe is delicious!
- 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 tbsp onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 cup Root Beer
- 1 cup Barbecue Sauce
- Combine dry ingredients and sprinkle mixture on each chicken breast and place in crock pot.
- Pour in Root Beer and barbecue sauce.
- Cook on low heat setting for 6-8 hours.
- Shred the chicken and return to sauce to cook for another 30 minutes.
- Serve on Buns for a delicious sandwich. This is also great on rice, or just eaten on its own.
This recipe is freezer friendly.
You can toss all the ingredients into a freezer bag and freeze. Then just place in the crockpot frozen and cook on low for 8 hours.
Or you can cook it and then freeze your left overs. I like to freeze the left overs into my silicone cupcake pan. Pop them out and place in a freezer bag once frozen. Then I have individual sandwiches ready for an easy dinner idea or for lunch ideas.
Check out these other crockpot recipes that you will love