The Ranch Beans Recipe is finally here! Who doesn’t love ranch beans? Well a name or two comes to mind, but they haven’t tried these yet! I adapted a recipe I originally found at AllRecipes. Not too sweet and not too spicy, these ranch beans are delicious. Dare I say, they are pretty close to the canned version (a crowd favorite around here). Of course, you have the added benefit of knowing all of the ingredients. Enjoy!
- 1 pound dried pinto beans
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram
- 7 cups water
- Place all of the ingredients in the crock pot in order. I like to put the water in last because it tends to 'mix' everything nicely together.
- If you do not like to mince garlic yourself, you can substitute 3-4 teaspoons of bottled minced garlic. (This is an indulgence, but it is a big convenience and sometimes you can find it marked down. Plus, one little bottle will last a long time.)
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Serve hot and toss a pinch (or two) of shredded cheese on top for a little extra yum!
Be sure to check out all of our delicious Crock Pot Recipes here.