Are some of you trying to eat heathier like me? I am trying not just diet, but instead plan for healthier meals. One of the things my family has now incorporated into our dinners is Cauliflower Rice. This cauliflower rice recipe is so easy, it is hard to even call it a recipe.
However, it tastes great and works well to replace your regular rice in any of your recipes. If the thought of loosing all of your rice scares you mix it in with your brown rice. My kids didn’t even notice it when we did it. We have also put this cauliflower rice in our soups instead of regular rice and our kids didn’t even question us. I loved it because I was adding a vegetable into our meal where we normally wouldn’t have it.
All you need is cauliflower and a food processor.
Chop up the cauliflower by hand into big chunks and place in your food processor. You can use one like these, or you can even use an inexpensive food chopper. In a matter of minutes your cauliflower is chopped up into a “rice”. Then all you have to do is microwave it for only 5 minutes.
This cauliflower rice recipe is that easy!
- 1 Head of Cauliflower
- Garlic salt and pepper to taste
- Coarsely chunk the cauliflower into pieces.
- Place in a food processor or food chopper until a "rice mixture forms".
- Dump this rice into a microwave safe dish with a lid.
- Season lightly with garlic salt and pepper.
- Microwave for 5 minutes with the lid on.
- Serve with your favorite dish.
Now, I have had several skeptical people try this cauliflower rice and they have all been very surprised by how delicious it actually is. It isn’t your normal rice, but you will be surprised by how much you love it. In fact, there are several meals that my husband and I now prefer cauliflower rice over regular rice.
Here are some recipes you could try it in:
- Taco Rice Casserole – I wouldn’t microwave it for this recipe though. Just toss it in raw.
- Crockpot Taco Rice Soup – we love it in this recipe.
- Crockpot Stuffed pepper soup is another one where I prefer the cauliflower rice over the regular rice!