This 20 minute dinner idea is one recipe that is perfect for a weeknight meal. My kids love this Creamy Chicken Pasta recipe and the adults do too. We love that there are fresh tomatoes in it!
This recipe takes that easy dish you have probably made on the back of the cream of chicken can and kicks it up a notch with the Italian seasoning and the fresh tomatoes. It is amazing how something so simple as adding in tomatoes really makes this recipe taste more like a “fancy” dish!
Serve it with Salad and you have a complete dinner on your table in under 20 minutes! Your family will never know you used a can in this dinner.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 can of water (just fill up the empty can)
- 1 tsp garlic powder (or garlic salt)
- 1 tsp of Italian seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Handful of fresh tomatoes chopped up (what ever is on sale)
- ½ package of pasta (cook separately according to package)
- Chop of the Chicken breasts into easy to eat bite size pieces.
- In a large skillet, spray with non stick spray.
- Heat the chicken over medium-high heat until really browned.
- Mix in the seasoning, cream of chicken soup and water.
- Cook for about 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Once ready, mix in the chopped tomatoes and the (already cooked) pasta.
This recipe is so easy to make, so it makes it perfect for a busy evening. However, by adding the Italian seasoning and the fresh tomatoes, it is packed with flavor.
How to Freeze this recipe:
Make as directed and then freeze the chicken with the sauce. Leave out the tomatoes. I would also freeze the pasta separately. Go here to learn how to freeze pasta. When you are ready eat the sauce and the chicken separately. Mix in the tomatoes and serve like normal. It would be very easy to turn into a freezer meal.
How frugal is this recipe:
- 1/2 box of pasta – $.30 (got it for $.60 at Walmart with my coupons)
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup – $.50 on sale (you can get it cheaper with your coupons too)
- 1.5 pounds of chicken breasts – $2.80 (purchased at Sam’s)
- Grape Tomatoes – used less than $1
Grand Total: under $5 – Woohoo!
Plus you can throw in a salad (we would eat a half a bag for about $1).