The other night my kids wanted breakfast dinner (an indulgence about once a week around here) so I didn’t really argue. However, I wanted to make something different than the ‘usual’ waffles or breakfast burritos. So… I created these yummy breakfast sandwiches. Now, I did use some ‘specialty’ pans to make this dinner, but it would be pretty easy to replicate with whatever cookware you have on hand. Enjoy!
- Homemade pancake mix (you can use store bought)
- Milk & Eggs to make your pancakes
- Eggs (as many as sandwiches you are making)
- Cheese slices (optional)
- Make your pancake batter according to the directions. Make silver dollar sized pancakes. I used an adorable animal pancake pan that we were given as a gift. If you do not have a small pan to make your pancakes in, the final product will be a bit thinner than mine.
- While your pancakes are cooking, cook up your bacon. I used 2 pieces of bacon per sandwich, so I cooked up an entire pound of bacon since I was making lots of sandwiches.
- For the eggs, I used a super cute mini egg pan. I cracked the egg in the sprayed pan and then poked the yoke so it would run a bit. Put a lid on the pan and let it cook on medium-low for 3-4 minutes. Turn the egg over and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, with the lid.
- NOTE: If you do not have a little egg pan, use a small metal round cookie cutter inside a small skillet. Make sure both are sprayed well with cooking spray. Crack the egg inside the cookie cutter. Add water to the skillet (it would be around the outside of the cookie cutter). The water will boil around the egg in the cutter and help with even cooking. Don't forget to put a lid on it. Cook for 3-4 minutes over medium heat.
- For assembly, start with a pancake. Top with egg, then cheese (if desired) and bacon. Finish off with another pancake.
- These were so tasty even my picky eater asked for seconds! Don't forget your fruit on the side. Enjoy!!