Most of you know that I love my smoothies! I had posted my general recipe for making smoothies, but I thought I would share this one that my family loved last summer. Isn’t it crazy to think that summer is just around the corner?
- ½ cup strawberries (frozen)
- ½ cup watermelon (frozen -yes you can freeze fresh watermelon. Just dice it up and freeze)
- 1 cup of yogurt or an individual yogurt container (I usually use vanilla or strawberry)
- ½ cup water and a ½ cup of juice (You could just do a full cup of water but you would need to ad a sweetener) -any juice will do!
- Place the liquid in your blender FIRST! This is important!
- Then toss other ingredients in the blender.
- Blend until smooth!
That is it! This makes 2 big servings. I will usually share this with the kids or drink half and freeze half. It is that easy! This is my favorite smoothie right now! I love the watermelon and strawberry flavors combined.
Yes! Pour into a freezer friendly container and freeze. When ready to eat, just let thaw for a few minutes on the counter so that you can eat it with a spoon. Makes a nice treat, plus it is healthier than ice cream!
How Frugal is it?
Since I used fresh fruit (when they are cheap and at their peak), this can’t be very expensive. Remember you can easily freeze your own fresh fruit. Learn about that here.
I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does! Happy Cooking! Don’t forget, if you love this recipe, Pin it!