Today is the first day of school (for my oldest) and he wanted a special dessert in his lunchbox. He really wanted snickerdoodle cookies, his favorite. However, I lost track of time and when I noticed it was already 10 and I hadn’t made the cookies, I didn’t have energy to make any from scratch. I saw I had a yellow cake mix and decided to make a cake mix version and we love them.
They are fabulous!
With only a few ingredients, you can have these cookies whipped up in no time. In 30 minutes, I had the entire batch mixed and cooked and I was off to get ready for bed. You just have to try them, if you don’t have a cake mix on hand, make sure you stock up when the go on sale again. In the mean time, make sure you pin this recipe so you don’t forget to make them.
- 1 Yellow cake mix (I am sure a white mix would be good too)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- Cinnamon mixture:
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spray your cookie sheets with non stick spray.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the cake mix , eggs and oil (batter will be thick).
- Form cooking into small balls (I used a cookie scoop) and toss them in the cinnamon mixutre.
- Roll it around slightly in the mixture and place them on a cookie sheet.
- Continue to do this until your cookie sheet is full.
- Take the bottom of a glass to slightly flatten them out.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes until they starting to brown.
- Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before moving them.
Don’t forget that you can actually freeze the cookie dough – learn about that here!