Many people have had tomato and mozzarella salad before and it was cold. I always think it looks delicious, but I am not a fan of cold tomatoes. A few weeks ago I thought… Why now make it in the oven?? I have a small love for roasted tomatoes. I cannot stand cold tomatoes, but if you stick them in the oven for a few minutes… I am in love! Grape tomatoes were on sale, so I tried it out. My husband and I devoured the entire pan all by ourselves. It was love at first bite! Our kids were not a fan, but we loved it.
Great for entertaining!
This side dish would be a fun appetizer or side dish when you are having people over. They don’t have to know it didn’t require much effort.
Make sure you Pin it, so you don’t forget to try it.
- Handful of Cherry or Grape Tomatoes (cut them in half)
- 2 Tablespoons of Vinegar (Red wine or Balsamic is fabulous)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Handful of Mozzarella Cheese
- A Drizzle of Olive oil (not much needed)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the Cherry or Grape Tomatoes in half.
- Place them in a baking dish.
- Pour Vinegar over the tomatoes
- Drizzle with olive oil (not much)
- Season with salt, pepper, and Italian Seasoning
- Place in the oven and allow to roast for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and place back in oven for a minute or two until the cheese melts.
- Serve as a side dish with your favorite meal.
You can still get tomatoes for a good price, especially at Crest right now, so make sure you try this one out.