This recipe freezes great so this recipe makes 2 pans. That way with very little work, you can make one for your family and then the second goes in the freezer. You kids will love it because it is like pizza, but you will love it because it is a TAD healthier. Enjoy!
- 1 package of spaghetti
- 2 15 ounce cans of crushed tomatoes or tomato sauce + 1 can of water
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic salt
- Zucchini shredded (just use your cheese grater) -optional
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 pounds of ground beef or ground turkey
- handfuls of mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Pepperonis or anything you would want to top your pizza with
- Bring a pot of water to boiling. Once ready, cook your pasta according to directions. (make sure you break up your pasta before cooking)
- Meanwhile, brown your 2 pounds of ground turkey.
- Once browned, toss in onion and shredded zucchini (zucchini is optional but adds some great flavor!)
- Stir in tomatoes, water, and seasonings. Just eye ball the seasonings.
- Spray 2 9x13 pans with non stick spray. Place pasta in each pan, and spread out to cover bottom.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if you have it.
- Spoon meat mixture over. Top with mozzarella cheese and any pizza toppings.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes until cheese is melted and beginning to brown. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Do not make, instead assemble. Cover with foil and freeze. When ready to cook, allow to thaw overnight in the fridge. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes until cooked through.
Remember, this is a great freezer cooking meal, so make sure one goes in the freezer for next week.