If you want an easy side dish that won’t heat up your kitchen for the summer, then this is it! My entire family loves pan-fried potatoes and my husband and I fight over the crispier pieces.
- 5-6 Potatoes - Sliced (you can peel them) - I like to peel them randomly so there are still skin left on.
- a Few Tablespoons of oil (just eyeball it)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 onion chopped or sliced (optional)
- Randomly peel your potatoes.
- Then thinly slice them. I cut them in half the long way and then slice them.
- In a big skillet (with a lid) pour the oil in then pan.
- Begin to place the potatoes in the pan and cook over med-high heat.
- Place lid on top and cook for 10 minutes until the potatoes are halfway cooked.
- Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Add the chopped onions and then cook for 10 minutes without the lid, until the potatoes are cooked through. You know they are done, when they become more translucent and then potatoes begin to get crispy.
- **Make sure you don't ad the onions until halfway. If you ad them too early you will have burnt onions. YUCK! ;)