Oh boy do we have a treat for you… Oreo Magic Bars.
I love magic bars (also known as 7-layer bars). I have been making the traditional kind of magic bars for years. They are one of those treats that are really easy to make and always taste super yummy.
Why mess with a good thing? Well, a friend of mine challenged me to create a magic bar with oreos. Challenge accepted! To make these yummy Oreo Magic Bars, I simply adapted my tried and true Magic Bars recipe, but added the oh so yummy Oreo cookies to the mix.
The result – total deliciousness!
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package Oreos, divided
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Butterscotch Chips
- 15 oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Place 5 tablespoons of butter in an oven safe casserole dish. I used a 9x13 dish for a thinner bar - you could also use an 8x10 dish if you like your bars a little thicker.
- Place the dish with butter in the oven just until butter is melted. Remove dish from oven.
- Take 2 sleeves of the oreos (I used double stuffed so that was about 20 cookies for me) and crush them. I used a food processor because I wanted the oreo crumbs fine like graham cracker crumbs. This is the crust of your bars.
- Sprinkle the oreo crumbs evenly over the melted butter mixture until you have one fairly even layer.
- Sprinkle chocolate and butterscotch chips over oreo crumb layer. DO NOT mix.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over everything in the pan.
- Crush about 5-6 more oreos. You can do this by hand. If you do this in the food processor, just pulse it. You don't want crumbs this time, you're aiming for small chunks.
- Sprinkle chunks of oreos evenly over the bars.
- Bake at 325 F for about 20 minutes. You know its done when the edges are a tad brown and the rest will be nice and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool at least 30 minutes before cutting into bars. Enjoy!
Oreo Magic Bars are delicious!
If you are not the best baker, don’t be scared of this recipe. You can’t mess it up. Oreo Magic bars taste as good as they look. However, they are very easy to make. Get the kids involved in the kitchen and let them help.
Find more delicious desserts here.