Oh how I love baking from scratch! Yes, boxed mixes are easy and yes, they do taste pretty good, but there is just a pleasant satisfaction I get when I make something from scratch. Now, cake is not my favorite thing to make from scratch, so I had to find a way to make it more appealing. How about making a single serve version that you can prepare and eat in under 10 minutes! I would say under 5 minutes, but if you don’t let this cool a little you will surely burn your mouth. Trust me on that one. Anyway, this is so easy and delicious you will want to make it over and over again. Enjoy!!
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 egg
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla
- sprinkle of chocolate chips
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large mug.
- Add wet ingredients in the order listed: milk, oil, peanut butter, egg, vanilla. Mix until just moistened. Do not over mix.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and give one good stir. I used a small palm-ful of chips.
- Cook in microwave for 1 minute on high. Depending on the wattage of your microwave it my take a bit longer to cook. I used a 1200 watt microwave and my cake was done after 1 minute. If your cake is not done after 1 minute, continue to cook in 30 second intervals until cooked through.
- This might not be a typical cake consistency for you as it is spongy more than moist. Believe me though, this is oh so delicious and definitely worth a try. Enjoy!