So, I’m not sure why we call this monkey brains except that my husband used the name once and it stuck. The kids, of course, thought the name was cool. This is a very simple recipe and it makes a wonderfully tasty addition to any breakfast. Since canned biscuits aren’t always cheap, I started buying the store brand biscuits (ie. Best Choice). They taste very similar to us and at $0.50 a pop, I cannot argue with that. Enjoy!
- 2 cans biscuits (10 ct)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C). Spray an 8" or 9" cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Use kitchen shears to cut biscuits into bite size pieces (I cut my biscuits into 5 or 6 pieces each). Put biscuits into large mixing bowl with a lid.
- Add the sugar through cinnamon to the mixing bowl with the biscuits. Place the lid on the bow and shake, shake, shake!
- Take the lid off and dump the biscuit mixture into the prepared pan. Pour melted butter over the biscuits.
- Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes or until cooked through in the center. If you push down the center and it is still mushy, cook for another 5 minutes. You can always test the center with a knife, too. Enjoy!