This Mexican white cheese dip is similar to white cheese sauces served in many Delicious Mexican restaurants. It is so delicious and so versatile. If you love this recipe, make sure you try our amazing crockpot chicken tacos recipe with only 3 ingredients.
You can adjust the heat by leaving out the cayenne pepper completely or by adding more. You can also give this white Mexican cheese dip a completely different flavor by adding in rotel instead of the green chillis.
This recipe is very kid friendly and will be a nice surprise to your family gatherings. It is a nice change from the normal velveeta cheese dip.
Now, if you are wondering where to get the White American cheese, I suggest you go to your deli to buy it. Ask them to slice it for you, so you can crumble it into your saucepan and help it melt faster. You will be pleasantly suprised that white American cheese is actually better prices than Velveeta. 😉
Now to make your life easier, I highly recommend a double boiler to melt your cheese. It will go much smoother and will melt more evenly. Trust me… I’ve learned from experience! I actually found several that are on sale on Amazon in case you don’t have one – you can check them out here.
Now we normally will make this dip in the double boiler, and then we like to keep it warm in a mini dipper crockpot. We just love them because it keeps the dip warm and smooth.
How to make this Mexican White Cheese Dip
- ½ pound of white american cheese
- ¼ cup of milk (maybe more if you want it thinner)
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 (4 oz) can of green chili's
- teaspoon of cumin
- teaspoon of garlic salt
- cayenne pepper - a pinch
- Place cheese, milk, and butter in a sauce pan over low heat.
- Heat until melted - stirring frequently.
- Stir in the green chillis, cumin, garlic salt, and the cayenne pepper. Remember, it doesn't take much cayenne.
- Add more milk if you want it thinner.
- Serve immediately with chips, tortillas, and your favorite mexican dish.
Try these other delicious Mexican Dishes:
- The BEST Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
- Taco Chicken Soup in the Crockpot
- Crockpot White Chicken Chili Recipe
- Crockpot Taco Rice Soup – Turn your left over tacos into a second meal!
- White Chicken Taco Chili Recipe
- How to Make Homemade Taco Seasoning
- How to Make Homemade Taco Bowls
- Crockpot Taco Salad
- Perfect for Chicken or Pork – Taco Chicken Marinade