I had trouble coming up with an appropriate title here because I don’t like quiche. My mom used to make them to take to work on a potluck day and I just thought they were gross. I cannot really pinpoint why, I have just never liked them. I tried to make this more like scrambled eggs with some yummy-ness inside, all in a pie crust of course. Get ready for tasty and easy with plenty of options for versatility. My husband (also not a quiche fan) loved it so I must have done something right. I hope you and yours enjoy!
- Prepared Pie Crust (I prefer Pillsbury)
- 1 zucchini
- 6 slices of bacon, chopped into bits
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C). Place pie crust in pie pan (I used a deep dish pan).
- Dice zucchini and sprinkle on bottom of pie crust. Layer with bacon crumbles and shredded cheese.
- Whisk together eggs and milk in large bowl. Pour eggs over ingredients in the pie pan. To make this dish a little lighter you can use 6 eggs and 6 egg whites.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 F (175 C). Bake another 25-30 minutes or until egg is cooked through.
- To avoid the overly brown look (like mine), cover with foil once you reduce the heat.
- Serve immediately.
This dish was delicious. I love it because there are so many different ingredients you can add to this to change it up. Next time I might add some onions and green peppers. What will you add to yours?