Did you know that you can use those cheap American cheese slices to make your own cheese sauce?
You can make your own cheese sauce in just a few minutes:
- You will need 3 to 4 slices of American Cheese.
- Chop them up and place in a microwave safe bowl.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of milk.
- Microwave for about 3o seconds to a minute (Keep your eye on it).
- Stir until melted.
- Use with your favorite dish, like on fresh steamed broccoli! YUM!
This is my favorite way to make cheese sauce, because there is no mess and you can use the inexpensive cheese that you have on hand!
How much did this cost me?
I bought the entire package of cheese (12 slices) for only $.50. I used 3 slices of cheese. That means this cheese sauce only cost my family $.04 to make!! You can’t really get more frugal than that. 😉