My kids and I have been making our own pizza sauce for a while now. My family and I love to make pizza, and I finally “figured” out an actually recipe and it is GREAT! You don’t have to chop anything or even cook it. In my mind, simple is always better I always save some to freeze for the freezer. That way it is ready to go when we want to make a quick pizza, or bubble up pizza. Enjoy!
- 1 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes (or 2 14 oz cans)
- 2 teaspoons of dried basil
- ½ tsp sugar (you could probably do 1 tsp)
- ½ tsp of onion powder
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Pour the crushed tomatoes in a bowl.
- Add in the seasonings and stir to combine.
- It is officially ready to spoon onto your homemade pizza! It really is that easy!
- This makes the equivalent to 2 jars of pizza sauce. Just freeze the left overs in baggies or in plastic containers.
Is this frugal? Yes! I was out of my cheap canned crushed tomatoes that I bought with coupons, so I had to pay full price for 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes at Aldi. It cost me $.89. That means, I made 2 jars of Pizza Sauce for $1! One jar of pizza sauce costs normally over $2, so I think I will take the $.50 jar -that is a 75% savings without every clipping a coupon. Plus, since we can often get canned tomatoes for $.10, you COULD save even more money.