I don’t know about you but I love a good Cheese ball. We have to have a cheese ball as an appetizer during the holidays. I mean… how can you cook a delicious meal if you don’t have a cheese ball to munch on.
This is what I call the classic cheese ball. It has the delicious garlic and cheddar flavor with the hint of green onions in there. Boy it is good! Don’t buy a premade cheese ball, when they are so easy to make!
This Garlic and Onion Cheddar cheese ball recipe will be the talk of your next family gathering.
- 1 plain cream cheese softened (I often soften it in the microwave)
- garlic salt (I just eye ball it) about 1/2 tablespoon
- 1/2 bunch of green onions diced
- handful of cheddar cheese shredded
- finely chopped pecans for the outer coating
- Make sure you cream cheese is softened so you can stir it. if needed, soften it in the microwave.
- Mix in garlic salt, onions and cheddar cheese until combined.
- Place in the fridge and let cool until the cream cheese gets hard.
- Pour the pecans on a piece of saran wrap. Place the harden cheese on top.
- Roll the cream cheese into the shape of a ball and so the pecans cover the ball.
- Serve immediately or place in the fridge until ready to eat.
- Serve with your favorite crackers.
Have you made a cheese ball before? What is your favorite version?