I was looking for an easy breakfast casserole that I could just throw together without having to do a lot of thinking first thing in the morning. Don’t judge me! I know I can’t be the only one who has trouble thinking straight in the morning. Anyway, like the French Toast Casserole, you can actually assemble this the night before. Then, it’s all ready to be cooked in the morning. I love it!! This is a pretty standard recipe. Let me know if you make any special additions. Enjoy!
- ½ pound bacon
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced green pepper
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups (16 oz) frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Fry bacon in skillet. Remove and pour out grease. Once bacon is cooled, crumble into small pieces.
- In the same pan, saute onion and green pepper until tender (this adds some nice bacon-y flavor to your onions and peppers).
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, hash browns, cheese, salt and pepper. Add in crumbled bacon, onions and peppers.
- Pour mixture into greased 13x9 pan.
- Bake at 350 F (177 C) for 35-45 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.
- If you are baking in the morning, simply cover with foil once you add egg mixture to pan. Refrigerate until ready to bake.