I was short on time the other night (and hadn’t yet planned for dinner) so I was stressing out a bit. There is nothing more frustrating for me than being close to dinner time and not having a clue what we’re having. I opened the pantry and saw pasta, so here we go. I combined a few bits and pieces I saw on recipes from Allrecipes.com to come up with this easy and tasty baked pasta. Enjoy!
- 16 oz of your favorite pasta (I used penne)
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ diced onion
- 1 can of spaghetti sauce (I use Hunt's)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces grated Mozarella cheese
- garlic salt and Italian seasoning to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Brown beef in a large skillet with onion and seasonings.
- Drain grease from meat. Add spaghetti sauce to skillet and simmer on low for 5-10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Drain pasta. Spray 9X13 pan with nonstick cooking spray. Layer ½ of the pasta, ½ the sauce mix in the pan. Place ½ cup sour cream in dallops on top of the sauce mix. Use the back of your spoon to spread out sour cream over the top of the sauce mix. Sprinkle with 4 ounces of cheese. Repeat layering process. Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- This makes a lot so if you don't need all of it at once, you can put this is two smaller containers (like 2 - 9X9's). Bake 1 and freeze 1 for later. Enjoy!