This crockpot stuffed peppers soup recipe is just wonderful! If you like the traditional stuffed peppers recipe, but don’t want to do all the work, then this recipe is for you. I got the idea from a recipe on pinterest, but of course, I had to alter it and turn it into a crockpot meal. I thought it needed some more seasonings, so I added more. Oh my! The peppers make this soup full of flavor.
The Kids love this Crockpot Stuffed Peppers Soup recipe!
If you think yours kids will be afraid of this soup, you need to try it anyway. All four of my kids devour this soup. At first, they look at it and me like I am crazy, but once they realize that there is no “cruncy” peppers and onions they can’t get enough of it.
- 1 pound of ground beef or ground turkey (browned)
- ½ onion chopped (I used red onion, but any will do)
- ½ red pepper -chopped
- ½ green bell pepper (any color will do) -chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can of tomato sauce (the bigger can)
- 1 can of water or beef stock (just fill up the can)
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- Place everything (except the rice in the crockpot).
- Let cook for 6 to 8 hours.
- Spoon into a bowl and top with a spoonful of cooked rice.
We have made this recipe several times and the kids always get seconds and thirds. I’ve tried to make extras to freeze, but everyone keeps eating it!
Have picky kids?
If your kids are picky, don’t worry – they will love it. The peppers get really soft so there won’t be a texture problem. Our kids love it and actually request it.
Try it different ways:
1. Make it healthier by chopping up caulifer and using it instead of rice – check out my easy Cauliflower rice recipe. My kids ate it with rice last week, but I used cauliflower to get my extra veggies in.
2. Try making it with Sausage. Reader, Crystal, use Italian sausage that we have gotten for cheap with our coupons. Her family loves it.
Check out our other great Crock Pot Recipes, too.