There is supposed to me a winter store heading our way. This recipe is simple and wonderful! The best of all… it is cooked all in the crockpot. Enjoy!
- 2 to 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (can be frozen)
- 1/2 onion chopped
- handful of celery chopped (I had mine in the freezer)
- handful of carrots diced
- Salt and pepper
- thyme (just sprinkled in)
- season salt (just sprinkled in)
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 4-5 cups of water (or chicken broth)
- 1 package of Reames frozen noodles (you could use dried pasta if you want)
- Place the chicken, onions, carrots, and celery in the crockpot.
- Add seasonings.
- Take 1 cup of water and wisk in the 1/4 cup of flour.
- Pour into the crockpot.
- Add the remaining water or broth (if using water, you may want to ad some bouillon).
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- In the last hour before serving, add the noodles and turn the crockpot to high.
- After one hour, shred the chicken and serve with some delicious crusty bread.
- **You may have to add some more salt before serving.
We get the frozen reames noodles cheap all the time after sales and coupons. If you don’t have any of these, you can use dried egg noodles. It would only take about 20 minutes in the crockpot to cook instead of the full hour.
My family just loved this is and it felt great on our sore throats. We are definitely adding this to our regular menu. Enjoy!