Coke what? I know many people have used Coke in various marinades, but I was skeptical. Honestly, I wasn’t sure why someone would want to use Coke as a marinade instead of a drink. So, I put my skepticism aside and decided to give it a go. I was pleasantly surprised, so hopefully you will be too. Enjoy!
- 2 pounds pork loin chops
- 1 cup cola product (I used Diet Coke)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C). Spray 9X13 pan with cooking spray.
- Place pork loins in baking pan.
- Whisk together cola, barbecue sauce and garlic salt. Pour over pork loins.
- Bake at 350 F for 30-45 minutes (depending on the thickness of your pork). Mine were about 1/2" thick and were done in 30 minutes.
- Serve with a little extra sauce if you like. Enjoy!
This is a great go to recipe to keep on hand. Why? You can prepare the marinade in a gallon size freezer baggie, add your favorite meat and place in the freezer for later use. You can also throw this marinade in the crockpot with your meat of choice and cook on low for 4-6 hours. So many options with so few ingredients. I love it! Enjoy!