This easy pizza recipe is so easy to make and he kids will have a BLAST helping you make it. The secret ingredient for the crust…. Canned biscuits!! You cut the canned biscuits and it actually “bubbles up” when it cooks.
First you cut the biscuits into quarters and place into a 9×13 baking pan. We highly recommend using a pizza cutter to cut your biscuits. It makes it faster and easy to cut! Get the kids involved – they love doing this!
Now it is time to add your sauce! Try making your own pizza sauce. It is easy to do and it will save you 50% or more! I promise it is easy to make. 😉
It isn’t even cooked yet and it already looks delicious! Add your favorite toppings. In this picture we did a basic pepperoni pizza but we have made a supreme Bubble Up pizza too. YUM!
The Kids just love this bubble up pizza recipe, but to be honest… the adults love it too! I’m thinking of doing a taco bubble up pizza next. Doesn’t that sound good!
Try out this Bubble up Pizza recipe this weekend.
- 2 Cans of Biscuits (the cheap plan ones will do)
- 1 Jar of pizza sauce (Bought or homemade - or you can use 2 small cans of tomato sauce with italian seasoning)
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese (optional)
- Pizza toppings (any that you like -we did pepperoni)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray.
- Open the biscuits. Cut eat biscuit into 4th (use a pizza cutter -it is faster)
- Place them all in the bottom of the pan.
- Pour pizza sauce over the biscuits.
- Sprinkle Mozzarella Cheese on top.
- Add any pizza toppings you want.
- Sprinkle with a little cheddar cheese over your pizza toppings. (Yum!)
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes (uncovered) until all the biscuits have bubbled up!
- Let sit for 5 minutes before cutting and serving
Is this frugal?
YES!! You can get 2 cans of biscuits (the cheap plain kinds) for less than $1. You can make your own pizza sauce for less than $1. Add cheese and pepperoni and your looking at a pizza for less then $4!
Can you freeze this?
Yes, this Bubble up pizza is very freezer friendly. Bake like normally. Then allow to cool completely. I like to slice it up into the perfect lunch portions. Then freeze. They are now ready to heat up in minutes for a quick and easy lunch idea. My kids love this in their lunchboxes.
Do you need more pizza recipes? Don’t worry we have them!
- Pizza Pasta Casserole
- Pizza Cupcakes!
- Crockpot Pizza Chicken
- Homemade Pizza Sauce -Save 75% off the store bought Jars!
- Biscuit Pizza Recipe