My family loves banana bread… there is no doubt about it, but we love Banana Bread mini muffins just as much. They are easier to eat (especially the little ones) and they freeze great! I keep a batch (or two) in the freezer. Then for breakfast I just pop a few in the microwave and we have delicious and warm muffins. YUM!
- 3 to 4 bananas (ripe - if you have them in the freezer, just allow to thaw)
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pray a 4?x8? loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Peel the bananas. (these can be from the freezer, just thaw first) Mash the bananas.
- Stir in melted butter, egg, sugar, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Stir well.
- Add flour and stir well. Pour into baking pan.
- Cook for 1 hour. Let cool on a rack before removing from pan.
- Add a handful of chopped nuts or chocolate chips when you add in the flour. Those are some YUMMY additions