Are you looking for something to do with the cheap pineapple we can get from Aldi? How about Baked Pineapple? Honestly, I am not a huge fan of warm pineapple, but this actually makes a nice dessert. Don’t forget the vanilla ice cream though. Its a must in my book! I saw a recipe similar to this at Mr. Food and thought I’d give it a go. Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Fresh Pineapple
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Mix lemon juice through brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Slice pineapple to desired thickness (mine were about 1/2" thick and my small pineapple yielded 7 slices).
- Place the pineapple on a foil lined cookie sheet.
- Pour brown sugar glaze over each slice.
- BROIL for 10-15 minutes or until slightly toasted on the edges.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you're all set! Add a mint sprig and you're looking at a very fancy dessert with very little effort! ;-)