If you haven’t grilled zucchini then you haven’t lived! Ok…that may be a bit dramatic, but seriously… you have to try some grilled zucchini.
It has a different flavor – it is crunchy on the outside and nice and soft on the inside. It is simply delicious!
In fact, we just threw some on this weekend and my daughter yelled “YAH, we are having grilled zucchini!” That has to say something to you have a 3 year old gets excited about zucchini! 😉
Regardless, zucchini is cheap right now, so you need to throw some on the grill – here is how:
- Fresh Zucchini
- Salt, pepper and any seasoning you want to use
- Non stick spray or olive oil
- A Grill!
- Heat up your grill or cook whatever you are going to be eating for dinner.
- Slice your zucchini into long spears.
- Spray with non stick spray or drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle Seasoning over it (I love any kind of seasoning on my zucchini)
- Lay directly on the grill (directly over the flames -if you are using a gas grill, you want to turn it down a bit)
- Allow it to cook for about 5 minutes on one side. Then flip and cook for another 5 minutes.
- You know they are ready to flip when they have pretty grill lines.
- That is it - in 10 minutes, you have a healthy and frugal side dish!
This recipe really is that easy and you can change it up just by changing the seasoning. Here are some of my favorite seasoning ideas:
- Just salt and pepper with garlic salt – my favorite!
- Garlic salt and italian seasoning
- Salt with Creole seasonging (it adds a kick!)
- Sprinkle with some teriyaki sauce with garlic salt (YuM!)
How are you going to cook it? Enjoy!