I have heard about cooking rice but had never tried it. We have been really busy lately with soccer, baseball, dance and trying to move. This week was the perfect time to try it. I threw the main course in one crockpot and rice in the other.
I used long grain rice and had a success. My rice came out a bit sticky so I will up the butter a tad next time, to help avoid that. All in all we loved it and will be making it again.
It should also work great for white rice. Just follow the instructions below.
- 2 to 4 cups of rice
- 4 to 8 cups of water (you want double the water as rice)
- 1-2 Tablespoons of butter
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Salt (optional)
- Oil up the inside of your crockpot with the olive oil so your rice doesn't stick.
- Place the rice n the bottom of the crockpot and season with salt and garlic salt.
- Pour Water over the rice. (You want double the water as rice, so if you have 2 cups of rice, you will need 4 cups of water).
- Cook on high for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Until the rice is done.
Remember, you can also freeze rice so you have instant rice ready in the freezer for an even easier side dish.