Here is another corn bread recipe. I originally found it on the back of a Quaker Corn Meal container. I made corn muffins this time because I was short on time and I knew the muffins would cook faster. We ate these with slow cooker chili and they were delicious. Enjoy!
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup corn meal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C). Prepare pan - spray 9x9 casserole dish or 9-10 muffin cups. I prefer to spray the muffin cups instead of using paper, but you can use paper liners if you like.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients.
- Beat the egg. Add the egg, oil and milk to the dry ingredients. Do not over mix.
- Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full. I was able to make 9 muffins.
- Bake muffins 12-14 minutes or until baked through (check with a toothpick). If you are baking in the casserole dish, bake for 20-25 minutes.
This is so easy to throw together and super inexpensive too! Enjoy!