This is an easy go-to side dish! You can even just toss this on the grill and cook it on there in a metal pan instead. This is NOT my kids favorite side dish, but the do eat it. It is probably my favorite side dish and with summer around the corner, I am slowly starting to include more of these lighter sides with our meals.
- 1 zucchini squash
- 1 yellow squash
- 1/2 onion
- grape tomatoes (optional)
- salt, pepper, and garlic salt to taste
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray.
- Chop up the vegetables and place in the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper and garlic salt (don't be shy).
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast for about 15 to 20 minutes (I pulled mine out at 15 minutes, because I wanted them to still be crisp)
- *Optional: drizzle with balsamic vinegar (that is what I did in the pictures) before roasting them. They are delicious either way!
Do you have an easy side dish to share? I would love to hear about it!