This is a great and easy recipe that our family loves. (picture is terrible!) This recipe makes 2 meals for my family right now, so I freeze the left overs in a freezer bag. I then just heat up in a pot on low. Enjoy!
- 5-6 frozen boneless chicken breasts (no need to thaw)
- 1 1/3 cups BBQ Sauce (any kind will work)
- 1/2 cup of Italian Dressing (you can substitute with apple cider vinegar for variations)
- 1 onion -chopped or slices (I do chopped to help “hide” them from the kids)
- Garlic Salt and pepper-sprinkled in
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Take 2 forks and shred the chicken in the crock pot. Then mix in with the sauce.
- I like to top Monterrey jack cheese on the buns.
- These are also good without buns, and I have even thought about putting them on tortillas!
- *Note: This makes a lot. This normally makes enough for 2 meals, so I freeze the left overs in a freezer bag for an easy meal.