I love to keep it simple here. In fact, if it isn’t simple, then I probably won’t do it. I guess I am lazy like that. Plus in the kitchen, I prefer as little clean up as possible. This dinner is all in one pot -even the pasta is cooked in there, so you can’t really beat this clean up. Enjoy!
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into chunks or slices
- 1/2 onion chopped (or just a handful from freezer)
- 1/2 bell pepper chopped (I used red, but you could use anything -this is optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tsp of Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic or Garlic Salt (use fresh if you have it)
- 1 can diced tomatoes plus 1 can of water (just fill the can back up) -You could just use tomato sauce instead of the diced tomatoes if you prefer.
- 1/2 cup of Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 package of pasta (any kind will do -about 8 ounces)
- about 1 cup of cheese (optional)
- Another option: Add in chopped zucchini, we do this a lot to make it a complete meal!
- In a large skillet over med-high heat brown your chicken.
- Let is sit for a while and allow it to get very brown (this ads flavor to your sauce)
- Season liberally with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and garlic.
- Add onions, and bell pepper and cook until soft. (this is where you add in the zucchini)
- Pour in 1 Can of tomatoes, red win vinegar and water.
- Add pasta.
- Heat to a boiling, then cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Allow to simmer for about 10 minutes or until pasta is cooked through.
- Stir in cheese and enjoy!
This recipe could easily be made into a casserole or for the freezer. Once everything is cooked, just toss it all into a casserole dish. Top with the cheese and bake until nice and brown. This would be delicious for a potluck dinner! OR… You could place the cheese on top and then freeze! Now you just made your a delicious dinner for the future!