This may seem silly, but this is one of the coolest ideas I think I have come up with -making your own “boxed” brownies. We love the convenience of boxed brownies, but sometimes we don’t get the best deal on them. Now, you can make your own homemade brownies and still get the convenience. This is what I did:
Last week we made brownies for after dinner. While I was making that batch, I just pulled out 4 ziploc baggies. I dumped all the dry ingredients in each bag. Then I placed them all in my pantry in my plastic container. In the plastic container, I wrote the ingredients that I needed to add in order to quickly make brownies.
Instead of dragging everything out just for one pan of brownies, I created 4 mixes while I was making my batch. Now, I don’t have to drag out the flour and sugar for the next 4 times I make brownies. Woohoo!
Ok, so this is what you want to do:
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (you can use 1/4 cup whole wheat and 1/4 cup of regular flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Dumb all the ingredients in a ziploc bag. Do this several times. Then on a piece of paper or note card, write:
- " Mix well with 2 eggs, 1/2 melted cup butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Pour into greased 8x8 pan. Cook for 25-30 minutes in 350 degree oven."
- That is it! You just made your own boxed brownies.
It really is that simple! You have messed up your kitchen once for 5 desserts! Now, you could make more, but I didn’t want to make too many – or I just might make brownies every night.