Do you love to grill chicken? My family does!
If you are going to fire up the grill, go ahead and cook extra chicken. You won’t have to spend anymore time, but your wallet will thank you. Instead of hitting the drive thru on a crazy weeknight, use that left over grilled chicken for future dinners. With the proper planning you can have dinner ready in only a few minutes! Here are a few of my suggestions:
- Chicken Tacos: Chop up the left over grilled chicken, add some taco seasoning and you have yourself chicken tacos!!
- Chicken Salad: Slice it up and add it to a salad – quick lunch or an easy dinner!
- Chicken Pasta: Add the sliced or chop chicken to any pasta for a quick dinner. All you need is a cheesy sauce for tomato Sauce – EASY!
- Chicken Wrap: Slice it and roll it up in Iceburg lettuce – Add in some salad dressing and you have an easy chicken wrap!
- Teriyaki Chicken with Rice: Chop it up, and mix it in with some rice and some teriyaki sauce!
- Quesadillas: Chop it up and use it in quesadillas. All you need is cheese, tortillas and some salsa.
- Chicken Sandwiches: Chop it up, add BBQ Sauce and you have BBQ chicken sandwiches!
- Chicken Enchiladas: Use it in your favorite enchilada recipe. Need one - This is a great one!
- Chicken and Macaroni: Chop it up and mix it with Macaroni and cheese (even the box kind) – my kids love this for lunch!
- Chicken taco Bowls: Chop it up. Mix it with some black beans, taco seasoning and serve over rice. Delicious!
So… the next time you are grilling, make extra – plan ahead for a second easy weeknight meal. Remember, convenience doesn’t always have to be expensive.
Now it is your turn… How would you use your left over grilled chicken?